Archiwa tagu: visual studio

Fiddler full of /vshub/ requests

Recently, when debugging with Fiddler and Visual Studio 2015, I got a lot of requests in the Fiddler list, that weren’t relevant for the work I wanted to accomplish. Actually, they were making a mess, preventing me from finding the desired requests to inspect.
I am talking about the /vshub/… requests, and I mean really a lot of them, like dozens in a second, e.g.:

Czytaj dalej Fiddler full of /vshub/ requests

Windows Phone Emulator wasn’t able to connect to the Windows Phone operating system + Invalid pointer

Hello there,

recently I encountered a problem trying to start a Windows Phone Emulator from within Visual Studio 2012. In a WP8 project, starting a debugging session effected in loading the emulator box, but then right away stating the following:

The Windows Phone Emulator wasn’t able to connect to the Windows Phone operating system:

The emulator couldn’t determine the host IP address, which is used to communicate with the guest virtual machine.

Some functionality may be disabled.

The WP8 app did not start, all I could see was the main tiled page of the emulated phone. Additionally, Visual Studio reported an error: „Invalid pointer„.

Some sources on the web state that this might me caused by an interference between e.g. VPN client software and the emulator network usage. It was not quite what I would want to do, and luckily I found another solution:

  1. Started Hyper-V manager
  2. Virtual Switch Manager
  3. Removed the „Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch” from the list, and applied the changes.

Starting the emulator afterwards required an elevation of privileges for the system in order to create the switch again, this time without any conflits.

Et voilá, emulator does not seem to have connectivity problems anymore, the debugging works as it should.

Hope it helps,
Lukasz

 

 

Insufficient rights when deploying a SP2010 project from Visual Studio

Hi there,

this time just a quick tip for some of you getting an error when deploying a SharePoint 2010 project from Visual Studio:

Error occurred in deployment step ‚Recycle IIS Application Pool’: Cannot connect to the SharePoint site. If you moved this project to a new computer or if the URL of the SharePoint site has changed since you created the project, update the Site URL property of the project.

In my case, the Site URL property of the project was empty but still the need was to deploy the project globally into the environment.

Furthermore, this message can be somewhat misleading, as it may occur when the user account with which you are deploying the  project with, has insufficient rights to do so (e.g. is not the member of the farm’s administrators group).

Hope this helps,
Lukasz